Dienstag, Januar 31, 2006

AJAX for ASP.NET

I've got several questions about what .NET version the AJAX Engine is supporting.

The answer is: .NET 2.0

BUT, most of the AJAX programming is done using JavaScript that runs on the client side and the AJAX part on the server is implemented by standard webservices and some people started porting the code to JAVA...

If you know about ASP.NET 1.1 it should be possible for you to port the sources back to ASP.NET 1.1 and I've written a some text about the concepts behind my ideas that may help.

Kommentare:

Ids hat gesagt…

I can't get your framework to work, I don't get any errormessages, but nothing works (tried a ViewPage and a RoundedArea)

i've posted a screenshot here: http://www.idsklijnsma.nl/zooi/ajaxengine_failure.jpg

Which files should I include?

What I'm missing is an installation guide.

you can mail me at
r s i d s s [at] g m a i l [dot] c o m

MatHertel hat gesagt…

Hello IDs,

1 simple thing: you must include the css reference and include this file in your project:

<link href="mathertel.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
Of course you can also extract the css rules of this file into yours.

I haven't written a lot about the CSS I use in.. Maybe I should...